Project Design Validation for reducing risk within water systems
Using this service can avoid inherent problems that can be a complicated, time consuming and and expensive burden for years to come.
Property owners and contractors are increasingly recognising that meeting standards for product and installation can sometimes still not be adequate enough to eliminate future and immediate risk from bacterial contamination of water systems.
Our highly qualified consultants support property owners undertake the validation of all new-build and refurbishment projects, installation and commissioning processes, ensuring that designs, installations and commissioning tasks comply with all current guidance, regulations and best-practices and that sensible precautions for Legionella and Water Quality Management will be considered at each stage.
Our expertise has been put to practical use across numerous projects in the UK and has proved a cost effective way to reduce risk of contamination.
We have successfully located the source and underlying causes of Legionella and other bacterial contamination in water systems on numerous occasions, before providing suitable advice for remedial actions to help bring infected water systems under control.
The Process Includes:
- Close involvement with design consultants, facilities managers and/or infection control teams and the user to ensure appropriate and suitable specifications of design and installation
- Selection of appropriate and suitable fittings.
- Risk assessment at each stage of installation
- “Tool box” awareness training for installers
- Hand-over protocols - implementation and policing
- Arbitration between consultants, installers and the user